zaterdag 7 september 2013

Friday finishes: a dress for princess and blocks

It has been a busy week with beautiful weather.  A tropical day in September! I sew some blocks for the Aiming for Accuracy Quilt along and the big finish this week a pink, princess dress for my husbands granddaughter. Tomorrow I will post a picture of Sascha with het birthday dress.

Wat een heerlijk weer hebben we voor september! Ik heb deze week maar een paar blocks genaaid, want de meeste tijd heb ik besteed aand de rose prinssessenjurk voor de verjaardag van Sascha.

The dress on the stairs.
Sascha wants everything in pink! /Sascha wil alles in het rose!






Because of the dress there was less time for quilting. I just finished three blocks of the Aiming for accuracy quilt along.

Er was weinig tijd over om te quilten, dus heb ik slechts drie blokken van de Aiming for accuracy Quilt Along genaaid.







I finished so far six lessons of the quilt along. It took me a lot of time to sew the more complex blocks, but it is getting better and better. I learn a lot. I know by now, when I need to read the instructions well! That saves me a lot of timer and ripping out seams! I love my 'three strikes is out' principle: I rip out a seam only twice. So when a seam is not accurate the third time sewn, I leave it!

Ik heb nu zes lessen van de Quilt Along gedaan. Een groot blok kost toch nog veel tijd, maar ik heb veel geleerd. Ik weet nu in ieder geval wanneer ik de instructie goed moet lezen, dat scheelt veel tijd en uithalen. Overigens bevalt mijn regel om niet meer dan twee keer een zoom uit te halen me prima. Als het dan nog niet goed is laat ik het zitten. 

Tomorrow is Sascha's birthday. I look forward to see her in her pink dress. I am sure I get a big hug from her! But we first go to the kindergarten of my other granddaughter, Salijn.

Morgen is Saschaś verjaardag. Wat zal ze er mooi uitzien in haar jurk. Ik week zeker dat ik een dikke kus van haar krijg. Maar voor we naar haar verjaardag gaan, gaan we eerst naar de Open Dag van de creche van Salijn, onze andere kleindochter!


It is so nice of you for stopping by, I love to hear from everyone of you, so please feel free to leave a comment.

If you have a question I will try and respond via e-mail. Please make sure your blogger profile is linked to your e-mail, otherwise I wont be able to e-mail you back.

If you need to reach me feel free to e-mail me at maartjequilt@gmail.com

Thanks so much for reading

Keep quilting!

Maartje Quilt
Amsterdam




2 opmerkingen:

  1. you have a lovely blog and the pink dress is beautiful!~ I found you via the TGIFF links :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. A lovely dress for the birthday girl. The blocks are looking good.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen