maandag 4 mei 2015

Matisse in my sketchbook

Busy week with two birthdays. My daughters are 41 en 38! I cannot believe it. Since I have grandchildren, I often have flashbacks of my girls as little children. But when I recieved my eldest daughters app 'Congratulations! You are a mother today for 41 years!!!' (with a smiley), I realised that it was a long time ago they were my 'little children'. Time flies, indeed.

Drukke week met de verjaardagen van mijn dochters. Ze zijn nu 38 en 41!!! Ik kan het niet geloven. Zeker nu ik kleinkinderen heb, denk ik vaak terug aan de tijd dat mijn dochters nog klein waren. Toen ik van de week het appje van mijn oudste dochter ontving:"Gefelicteerd!! Je bent nu 41 jaar moeder!!!" (wel met een smiley!), besefte ik dat het heel lang geleden is dat ze klein waren. Inderdaad, de tijd vliegt.

Inspired by the posters of  the Matisse-exhibition  all over Amsterdam
In a older post I told you about the posters of Matisse at almost every busstop in Amsterdam. Next Thursday I go with my eldest daughter and grandchild to the Matisse exhibition. I googled 'Matisse' for information and inspiration. I did not finish my sketchbook theme 'Circles' yet, but I started with the next theme: 'Matisse'. I love, love, love, love his colorfull paper collages. It looks so easy, but his work is so strong. So I finished four pages with black background, applique and black freemotion quilting (swirls, paisley, microstippling and a few feathers). After binding the pages there was something missing: the signature of Matisse!

In een eerder bericht  heb ik verteld over de poster van Matisse bij elk bushokje in Amsterdam. Donderdag ga ik met mijn oudste dochter en kleindochter naar de Matissetentoonstelling in het Stedelijk Museum. Ik heb 'Matisse' gegoogeld voor inspiratie. Ik vind het werk van Matisse mooi, en houd vooral van zijn gekleurde papiercollages. Het lijkt zo eenvoudig, maar is heel sterk! Ik ben even gestopt met het schetsboekthema 'Cirkels' en ben met het thema 'Matisse' begonnen. Ik heb vier pagina's gemaakt. Gekleurd applique op een zwarte achtergrond met zwarte quilten uit de vrije hand (spiralen, paisleys, microstippling en een paar kleine veren). Nadat ik de pagina's afgebiesd had, ontbrak er iets: de handtekening van Matisse!

I do not think that someone will think it is a real Matisse!
So I do not think the signature is a problem.

fmq detail






The Zebraz top is finished with a border and I bought red fleece for the backing. Today I will sandwich the quilt, so it is ready to quilt and bind.

De Zebrazquilt heeft nu een rand en ik kocht rode fleece voor de achterkant. Vandaag ga ik de lagen sandwichen, zodat de quilt van de week gequild en afgebiesd kan worden.

The binding will be red with white polka dots.
My list for next week is:

1. A Matisse tablerunner
2. Quilting and binding the big ZebraZ-quilt.
3. One more circle sketchbook page.
4. Design the small Zebraz quilt with the four left over Zebra-blocks.



It is so nice of you stopping by.  Feel free to leave a comment. I love it.

Fijn dat u langs kwam, ik hoor graag van iedereen en stel je commentaar zeer op prijs.

Love from Amsterdam and keep quilting and sewing

Maartje

maartjequilt@gmail.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten