dinsdag 11 augustus 2015

Post #100: A new project! My own design: shoes

This is blogpost #100. I am quilting for 2,5 years now and I am still learnng and meeting quilt friends all over the world! Nice of you to read my posts too!!

Dit is de 100ste blogpost. Ik quilt nu 2,5 jaar  en ik leer nog steeds en ontmoet quiltvrienden over de hele wereld! Fijn dat je me blog ook leest.

Last week a great week. My two eldest granddaughters stayed with us. It is a joy to see the two playing, laughing and talking together. Of course it was fun for them that baby Kate stayed a night with us too. They wanted to learn her walk!

Van de week hebben mee twee oudste kleindochters bij me gelogeerd. Het is zo leuk om die twee samen te zien selen, lachen en praten. En ze vonden het zo leuk dat ook kleine Kate een nachtje kwam. Ze wilden haar leren lopen!
They were so tired every evening. 
Round eight o'clock after a big story they both fell asleep and at 
eight o'clock in the morning they stood next to my bed. A decent time!!
Less time to sew this week. I have been busy to knew EQ7 (it is not very user friendly!!)  and designing foundation patterns. I saw a month ago this cushion with paper pieced boot shoe on the blog Celtic Thistle Stitches. I love shoes, especially high heels. By surfing on the Internet in The Netherlands I see this month everytime an ad with a beautfiful shoe. Every time I thought: 'Ï must make my own shoe design!" and so I did. I already sewed the shoe block and sandwiched it to make a cushion. But I have really now idea how to quilt it. May be some green stippling in the border and stitch in the ditch around the shoe?

Weinig tijd dus om te naaien deze week. Wel ben ik op mijn computer bezig geweest met het beter leren kennen van EQ7 (wat een lastig programma!) en het maken van foundation patronen. .Vorige maand zag ik een kussen met een paper pieced schoen van Celtic Thistle Stitches. Ik ben dol op schoenen en vooral hoge hakken. Bij het surfen op Internet kom ik steeds een schoen tegen van de reclame van een uitvaartverzekering. Ik vind de schoen prachtig en dacht elke dag: "Hier moet ik iets mee doen" en dat heb ik gedaan. Ik heb alvast een blok genaaid en gesanwichd om er een kussen van te maken. Geen flauw idee hoe ik het ga quilten. Misschien wat groen meanderen in de rand and langs de naden om de schoen stikken?


A new project: a design of Maartje Quilt!!
I never designed a quilt. Some mini quilts and baby quilts, but not a big quilt with my own blocks. With the possibility to design foundation patterns and my love for shoes, I got inspiration for an own design....
There is a dutch shoe designer Jan Jansen. I loved to wear his shoes, I could only afford them on sale in Antwerp, Belgium. Most of his shoes are very wearable and some are very excentric! You find his shoes in musea and books too.

Een nieuw project: het ontwerp van Maartje Quilt!!
Ik heb nog nooit een eigen quilt ontworpen. Een paar mini quiltjes en babyquilts, maar geen groot quilt met mijn eigen blokken. De mogelijkheid om foundation patronen te ontwerpen en mijn belangstelling voor mooie schoenen hebben mij inspiratie gegeven voor een eigen quilt.
Jan Jansen is een van de bekendste Nederlandse schoenontwerpers. De meeste van zijn schoenen zijn heel draagbaar maar ze zijn soms ook heel excentrisch. Ik kon me zijn schoenen alleen veroorloven in de uitverkoop in Antwerpen.
You will find a lot of his shoes when you look for 'Jan Jansen shoes'  with Google

I will design a quilt with foundation pieced blocks of Jan Jansen shoes, with all the little details. May be with some embellishment and applique too. I made my first pattern. Now I have to think about the back ground fabric. The design will be with blocks and of different size  I selected two shoes for the first blocks. I will be looking for the right fabrics for a while. The design of the first block is ready to be sewn. I will try to finish a block every month and the pattern will be available for free on my blog. I need to find out, how I save the pattern with a pdf writer.

Ik ga een quilt ontwerpen met foundation blokken waarop schoenen staan van Jan Jansen met alle kleine details. Misschien ga ik ook wat kralen, ritsjes, veters en veren gebruiken en wat appliqué. Het ontwerp zal zijn met blokken van verschillende grootte. Ik heb twee schoenen uitgezocht voor de eerste blokken. Voorlopig zal ik wel druk zijn met het uitzoeken van mooie lapjes. Het eerste ontwerp is klaar om genaaid te worden. Ik wil elke maand een blok maken en het patroon laatsen op mijn blog Gratis natuurlijk. Ik moet nog even uitzoeken hoe het precies moet met een pdf-writer.
This will be the first two shoes.

Design called: "What is this?"

First blocks ready to sew. Lot of tiny pieces. The sole of the shoe, shoul be a part of the pattern.

I made free motion quilt samplers for my sketchbook two months ago. The themes were circles and Matisse. I added this week the labels (a present for my birthday of my youngest daughter). So I have presents to give away. Four I give away this weekend already.

Twee maanden terug heb ik deze pagina's/samplers for mijn fmq schetsboek gemaakt, thema's Matisse en cirkels. Ik heb er nu de labels die ik van mijn dochter heb gekregen aangenaaid. Ik ga ze niet bewaren maar weggeven als er zich een gelegenheid voor doet. Vier heb ik er dit weekend al weggeven.
A pile mini's to give away. With the small lables with my name.
I hope I have some time left to sew some of  the SewFreshQuilts Dog guilt along blocks. These blocks of Lorna are so cute again!! Hard to resist.

So much lovely patterns on her website.



It is so nice of you to stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment. I love it.

Fijn dat u langs kwam, ik hoor graag van iedereen en stel je commentaar zeer op prijs.

Love from Amsterdam and keep quilting and sewing

Maartje        maartjequilt@gmail.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten